Promote your summer meal site!
The more you tell people about your site, the more kids know about and come to your site. (And if you can get others to help you promote your site, that's even better!)
- Host a kickoff event and invite local leaders and your community newspaper
- Announce your summer meal program on the school marquee
- Social media -- if you have a Facebook or Twitter page, make sure you mention your summer meal site at the start of the summer. Then post your daily or weekly menus on your page throughout the summer
- Social media tip #2: Ask your followers to share your posts on their walls/pages so all of their friends see it, too.
- Social media tip #3: Ask your followers to like and comment on your posts. More popular posts end up in your followers' newsfeeds.
- Emails/texts/robocalls to parents.
- Post it on your school district's website
- Hand out fliers at a local food pantry
- Yard signs
- Huge banners on the outside of your building: FREE LUNCH FOR KIDS 1-18!
- Post a photo of your lunch on Instagram